The latest information, cute pics, and anything else you might find interesting about us...Enjoy!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day, and I first must honor both the Mom's in my life, my own and Chad's. Without these women, neither me nor my husband would have life, and therefore I would not be a mother myself. Thank you, Mom, for giving me life. I am also thankful for Chad's mom, who raised the man I fell in love with...and keep falling in love with everyday! It is strange to have life come full circle, after honoring my Mom all the years I've been alive, I am now honored by my children...really unbelievable. I wanted to take a moment to put into words the amazing ways that God blessed me today. First of all, I got to sleep until 8:30...which hasn't happened in 50+ years, just kidding, only two and a half! Then, my boys (all 3), came into the bedroom with a beautiful tray carrying breakfast made by Daddy! Chad made eggs, french toast, regular toast, bacon, orange juice and coffee, and it was delicious! Who knew that Chad knew how to make French Toast? Then I opened two cards with two coupons - one for a free house cleaning and one for 10 more breakfasts' in bed! I love gifts that keep on giving! The whole family sat on the bed, (everyone munching on my breakfast), and then we went for a walk in Crescent Hill. Unfortunetly, a great coffee shop that I used to frequent when we lived in Louisville before had been converted to a bakery that was closed on Sundays. So, we walked up a huge hill to the top of the Water Reservoir for the Louisville Water Company. It had a track around it for walking, so we walked the whole thing! It was so much fun, and we called it a "family field trip" because we kept stopping to read the historical information signs! We didn't even know the reservior was there before! I relaxed during the afternoon, and then we grabbed Mexican for dinner and visited with Mamaw before putting the kids to bed. Charlie and I laughed and laughed in his bed before he finally got so tired his eyes were closing. He kept asking me to sing the same song over and over, and I didn't want to stop because he would erupt in giggles at the same spot everytime.
After recalling today's events, I am sure that I am the most blessed woman alive. I have these two precious boys. Charlie is so precious and so desperate to please. He loves to hear our praise and loves to make us laugh. He is so good to baby Chandler and wants so much for him to play back. He is amazing.
Chandler is growing so big and strong! He laughs at everything and when we nuzzle his neck with our noses, he laughs with this deep gut laugh! He's captivated by everything that we do - especially his big brother! He is so precious.
And, best of all, Chad is the most amazing husband anyone could have. He is so faithful to us, his family. He brings laughter to our home and, much like his oldest child, loves to please. He has grown to be so thoughtful and creative. He tries so hard to make me happy, and succeeds. He loves God most of all, and regardless of his stage in life, is honest about where he is with Him. He doesn't hide it. He is transparent and that is magnetic. I love him so much!
After a day like today, I am truly undone by the blessings of God. In the book, Captivating, by Staci Eldridge, she talks about a woman's desire to be "romanced", and how God "romances" us each day with the little things we often overlook. Well today, God romanced me through my family. He wooed me and beckoned me into His presence over and over. Even though the day was rainy and chilly, it never felt gloomy. It was "sunny" all day to me. When I looked out, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Because Jesus was reminding me that He loves me everytime Charlie laughed or Chad did something sweet. He was saying "I love you and I've blessed you, not becuase of who you are or what you've done, but because I do". And I felt more loved by Him today than any other day in recent history. Thank You, Jesus, for an amazing day. You've made my heart too big for my body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home