The latest information, cute pics, and anything else you might find interesting about us...Enjoy!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Powerful Prayer

Today I experienced something very powerful. I was sitting in a little coffee/muffin shop no more than a half a mile from our house writing in my journal. I have to say that it is very tough to find time for God with two little fellas in the house (three if you count Chad)! When nap time starts, my chore time begins too. I find myself constantly torn between "duties" and "what is really important", like time with God. Sadly, duties win too much of the time. Anyway, back to the coffee/muffin shop...I was writing out a prayer to God about what was on my heart. Writing out my prayers is the most effective way that I have found to stay focused and truly PRAY about what is going on with me. As I was writing out my prayer, half way through I stopped writing. Not because I didn't have anything else to say, but because I felt pressured to stop and listen. I did, and I heard the dull hum of a few employees talking about Derby and a mother and young daughter having a muffin before school...and then I heard it. Or more, I FELT it. I really "felt" God answering my prayer right then. I know this seems strange to some who might be reading this...and to answer the question that I'm sure is in your head right now..."no, I don't hear voices, but thanks for asking". It was more of an "impression" than a voice. And as I continued to feel this "impression", I started writing down what I felt. What I wrote was a direct answer to what I had been praying, and I know that it wasn't from me or my thoughts, because I wasn't thinking about this before I started praying. Plus, it was actually scripture that I hadn't thought of in years!!! After I'd written down this "impression", I went back to praying about what was on my mind, and actually asked God a direct question. Then I waited. I was waiting to hear from Him. (I know that many of you are wondering whether I am WAY to cooped up in the house with two babies and the smell of laundry and dirty "stinkers", as we call them, is going to my head, but I promise you...I am not crazy and this did happen!) I started writing again and once again, scripture poured from my pen. He answered me. After about 15 minutes of conversating with God, I felt so relieved and at peace about things. It was like He was there...right there...right in the midst of the situation with me. I am not one to publicly "post" spiritual experiences to this blog...there haven't been any so far except this one! But, I really think I should, because maybe you are experiencing a struggle in your life and maybe you have been praying about it for years. But, I want you to really think, "Have I listened?" Too many times I say my prayers, or usually write them, and then run off to change a diaper or clean up a mess or take a shower. Today, God gently reminded me to spend just as much time LISTENING to Him as talking to Him. A good counselor merely listens, but a GREAT counselor listens and then speaks the Truth. We have a great Counselor. Let's listen to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home